- My primary vessel is a 2009 Mako 2201 Inshore Bay Boat. This vessel is one of the best inshore fishing boats on the water. It is a perfect platform for fishing in shallow water with very large integrated bow and stern casting decks. The stern casting deck on the starboard and port sides converts to two folding jump seats for angler comfort while underway. The V-hull design produces a very smooth ride even in rough water. There are multiple rod and storage lockers in addition to under-gunwale and vertical rod racks. This boat is free from obstructions minimizing line snags and tripping hazards.
- My secondary vessel for use in ultra-thin saltwater and for waters with low bridge clearances and where stealth is paramount and where freshwater lakes have horsepower restrictions, is the Lund 16 SSV. This straightforward tiller controlled V hull fishing boat is constructed of bullet-proof aluminum. Flat flooring and a rear casting deck provide comfort and stability. This boat is powered by a Yamaha 25 hp four-stroke electric start engine. It is equipped with a 55 lb thrust Minn Kota trolling motor. The Chartplotter is Garmin's EchoMap 53DV, and the VHF radio is a Cobra handheld.
RODS/ REELS/ LINES
- Top of the line Sage, Redington , Offshore Angler, Temple Fork Outfitters and Orvis flyrods. These include the following Sage models- Sage X, Igniter, One, Salt, Method, Xi3 and Sage Bass II Largemouth, the Redington Link and Predator rods, Offshore Angler Gold Cups in 8 & 9 , TFO Axiom II-x and Hawgleg, and the Orvis Helios, Helios 2 and Access rods, in line weights 8-10.
- Fly reels and spare spools are the Sage 6010 and 4210 Series, Cheeky Limitless and Boost, Redington Delta and Rise Series, Orvis Mirage, Offshore Angler Gold Cup and White River Kingfisher series.
- Fly lines-Rio Products Outbound and Outbound Short in Floating, Intermediate Sinking tip and Fast Sinking tip , Orvis Shooting heads, RIO Products leaders and tippets.
- Offshore Angler "Inshore Extreme" spinning rods from Bass Pro Shops paired with Penn Spinfisher V's, Shimano Saragosa and Quantum Cabo PT and Smoke spinning reels.
Mako 2201 Inshore Bay Boat- 150 Yamaha 4-Stroke- 101 lb Minn Kota Wireless trolling motor
Minn Kota "Talon" electric anchor system
Special Operations Fishing with the 16 Lund SSV - 25 Yamaha 4 Stroke- 55 lb Minn Kota trolling motor
Brand logos are hot linked
Capt. Jim Barr